The New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research, 29 – 30 November 2018, Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland
Islands and Oceans: A Conference for Pacific Research
The conference aims to showcase Pacific research from throughout the region, enhance Pacific research networks, and encourage new conversations around contemporary Pacific research modalities.
We envisage a dynamic two day programme with research informed papers addressing contemporary policy issues. The preliminary themes for the conference programme are:
- Where in the world is the Pacific: deepening, resetting and recalling the boundaries of the Pacific
- Mobilities: contemporary interpretations of the transformation of people, policies, and money
- Sustainable development and enterprise opportunities: connecting niche markets to global supply chains
- Pacific innovations: Research, technologies, and strengthening the capacity of communities
- Pacific environments and extractive industries: managing land and natural resources
- New research modalities in the Pacific: working with Pacific structures and influences
- Pacific ethics of research and care: expanding relationships, procedures, and processes.
Conference: 29 – 30 November
Calls for Papers: Deadline 31 July